We have an open position for a highly skilled Senior Java/J2EE Engineer who is technically savvy and can drive design and development on a functionally challenging product. Your work results will be very visible immediately.
This is a great opportunity for a self-starter where ideas are highly valued and can be seen to completion. We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented and can deliver quality work on schedule.
- Leading the gathering of functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning.
- Acting as the technical subject matter expert: Mentoring fellow engineers, demonstrating technical expertise, and leading a small team solving challenging programming and design problems
- Collaborating with overseas teams, technical specialists to capture product requirements and convert them to elegant software code.
- Producing high quality software code through proven development methodologies.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related area, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years hands on experience with design and development of end-user applications for businesses
- Strong understanding of database principles, SQL and any one scripting language
- Experience working with SCMs such as svn, git
- Experience writing middle tier coding in Java, Python or C
- Excellent analytic and communication skills
- Ability to come up to speed quickly on various development tools and protocols
- Ability to work on different tiers of the application
Highly Desired / Preferred Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with all phases of product development, including support of the application
- Experience working with product management to implement functional enhancements, application architecture, design enhancement and coding
- Exposure to Cloud deployments
- Familiarity and exposure to SaaS product development architecture, methodologies